Enchanting is an all around great profession to have. The fact that it is a converting profession means that enchanters can take part in both the enchanting materials and finished products markets. There is no research or dailies to be done to get recipes so you can max out your enchanting and know all of the trainer recipes in a few hours. Scrolls always sell well and if you also have a jewelcrafter you can use jewelcrafting to make cheap enchanting materials.
1) You can sell both enchanting materials and finished products (scrolls).
2) Easy to level up.
3) Using your ability to disenchant you can start to make a profit well before you hit max level enchanting.
4) Can be used with Jewelcrafting to do the shuffle.
1) Many of the recipes are rare drops from instances.
2) Getting enough enchanting materials can sometimes be difficult.
3) Due to the cost of some of the enchanting materials it can take a bit of gold to get started in the profession
My Advice on Enchanting:
Get it. I would recommend getting it on your main toon at level 75 and levelling it up as quickly as possible. It might take you a little gold to buy all the materials to skill up in it but it is well worth it. There are always at least some enchants that sell well, you can D/E items for a profit, and you can use it to help with the shuffle. This is a profession with lots of big positives and just a few small negatives from a gold making point of view.
Recipes of Note:
1) Recipes used by alts/twinks either for the stats or for a weapon glow. Examples: Enchant Weapon - Minor Beastslayer, Enchant Weapon - Fiery Weapon, Enchant Chest - Major Health, Enchant Weapon - Unholy Weapon, Enchant 2H Weapon - Agility, Enchant Cloak - Stealth,
2) Higher end enchants - Examples: Enchant Boots - Lavawalker, Enchant Bracer - Greater Speed, Enchant Weapon - Avalanche, Enchant Weapon - Mending, Enchant Bracer - Agility
Thelegend's Guide to gathering Enchanting Materials at The Consortium. Fantastic break down of how to get various enchanting materials from various crafting professions by making items to disenchant.
Recent Power Word: Gold posts related to Enchanting (auto-generated).
The Power Word: Gold Guide Free is Copyright © 2011 Jim Younkin. Guide contributors include Bangkok Bill and fluxdada.